Oil and gas is one of the largest markets served here at Triangle Pump Components, Inc. For over 100 years, our products have been used for various industry applications, including disposal, offshore oil, production, injection, feed, charge, steam generators, mainline, and field gathering.
High pressure reciprocating plunger pumps move liquid by positive displacement. Liquid is trapped in the suction chamber and displaced under high pressure into the discharge chamber as a cylindrical plunger cycles in and out of the suction chamber.
The nature of this process requires that our pump valves are extremely durable and capable of high pressures and flow rates while ensuring a tight, leak-free seal, as petrochemicals can be thick, corrosive, and toxic.
Depending on the fluid pumped, we offer valves in a variety of materials and models, as well as plungers, extension rods, plunger packing, and stuffing box components.
We recommend the following products for the oil industry:
- Durabla® Model V7 Pump Valve – Manufactured specifically for steam pump applications.
- Durabla® Model V7H Pump Valve – Designed for low net positive suction head (NPSH) when plunger pumps lack incoming fluid on the suction side.
- Durabla® Model V7F Pump Valve – A heavier-sprung valve model to accommodate higher fluid volumes.
- Durabla® Model V7FD Pump Valve – The V7F model with a Delrin® disc in place of metal.
- PlenaFlow™ Plate Valve – Double-sprung stem guided valve available with a Delrin®, stainless steel, or titanium plate.
- Resista® Abrasion Resistant (AR) Valve – A perfect match for harsh environments, these valves are designed to endure high pressures, abrasives, and the heaviest wear.
- WG Sphera™ Series — A stem-guided spherical valve designed to reduce disruptions to fluid flow as well as fluid turbulence.
- Fortis MC™ Plungers – Available in metal or ceramic material and able to withstand both high and low liquid volumes.
- DynaRod® Extension (Pony) Rods – Machined to match, either threaded or clamped for existing plungers; coated to enhance performance and durability.
To learn more about our pump valves, plungers, and components for the oil and gas industry, contact Triangle Pump Components today.