Whether refining fats, oils, and proteins or recovering gelatin, and biofuels, reciprocating pump valves are vital components within the food processing industry, helping to efficiently move ingredients along pipelines between vats.
Depending on the end product, valves must meet various application-specific requirements. During bleaching and de-acidification, for example, pump valves must have strong chemical resistance. Other pumps may need to be able to handle a wide range of liquid viscosities — from milk, fruit juice, and vegetable oil to thicker fluids like pig fat and lard.
Valves are also responsible for directing the water that cleans the equipment — a critical process to ensure food safety and sanitation. At Triangle Pump Components, our food processing pump valves, plungers, and stuffing components are built to last, providing you with reliable service for all types of applications.
Designed to withstand the rigorous conditions of food processing operations, our reciprocating pump valve components include:
- Durabla® Model V7 Pump Valve – Manufactured specifically for steam pump applications.
- Durabla® Model V7H Pump Valve – Designed for low net positive suction head (NPSH) applications when plunger pumps lack incoming fluid on the suction side.
- Durabla® Model V7F Pump Valve – A heavier-sprung valve model to accommodate higher fluid volumes.
- Durabla® Model V7FD Pump Valve – The V7F model with a Delrin® disc in place of metal.
- PlenaFlow® Plate Valves – Double-sprung stem guided valves available with a Delrin®, stainless steel, or titanium plate.
- Resista® Abrasion Resistant (AR) Valves – Ideal for pumping fruit slurry, these valves are designed to endure high pressures, abrasives, and the heaviest wear.
- WG Sphera™ Series — A stem-guided spherical valve designed to reduce disruptions to fluid flow as well as fluid turbulence.
- Fortis MC™ Plungers – Our reciprocating pump plungers are available in metal or ceramic material and are able to withstand both high and low liquid volumes.
- DynaRod® Extension (Pony) Rods – Machined to thread or clamp to existing plungers and coated to enhance performance and durability.
To learn more about our diverse line of reciprocating pump parts for the food processing industry, contact Triangle Pump Components today.