Crude oil, though abrasive and volatile in its raw state, is the foundation of a number of highly valued consumer goods such as pharmaceuticals, fertilizers, and other chemical products. In fact, refined petroleum is often used in soap and detergent manufacturing.
Soaps and detergents are available in three main forms: bars, liquids, and powders. In order to create these forms, a series of complex manufacturing operations must take place to transform raw chemicals into consumer-ready products.
At Triangle Pump Components, our soap and detergent manufacturing pump valves are designed to handle the caustic fluids that comprise these products, including fatty acids, sodium hydroxide, brines, alkalis, tallow, additives, crude glycerins, and surfactants.
Durable enough to withstand the harshest chemicals, these valves are capable of handling a variety of viscosities (as some liquid soaps are as thick as gels).
Our reciprocating pump valve components designed for use in the soap and detergent industry include:
- Durabla® Model V7 — Lightweight, durable, and capable of operating at high pressures and speeds.
- Durabla® Model V7H — Designed for low net positive suction head (NPSH) when plunger pumps lack incoming fluid on the suction side.
- Durabla® Model V7F — A taller valve model to accommodate higher fluid volumes.
- Durabla® Model V7FD — The V7F model with a Delrin® disc in place of metal.
- Plate Valves — A double-sprung stem guided valve available with a Delrin®, stainless steel, or titanium plate.
- Resista™ Abrasion Resistant (AR) Valves — A perfect match for harsh environments, this valve is designed to endure high pressures, abrasives, and the heaviest wear.
- Plungers — Our reciprocating pump plungers are available in metal or ceramic material and are able to withstand both high and low liquid volumes.
- Dynarod™ Extension Rods (Pony Rods) — Machined to thread or clamp to existing plungers and coated to enhance performance and durability.
From the harvesting of crude oil to the final stages of soap and detergent manufacturing, our reciprocating pump valves, plungers, and stuffing boxes are built to handle the rigorous demands of this process.
To learn more about our pump valves, plungers, and various components for the soap and detergent industry, contact Triangle Pump Components today.