Most processing industries generate some type of waste effluent — usually water polluted with various chemicals — while great amounts of human habitation-generated municipal solid waste (MSW) and sewage are also produced daily.
To conform to strict environmental standards and protect public health and wellbeing, these effluents must be properly treated in order to remove contaminants before either reusing the water or releasing it back into nature.
The required separation and purification process is usually carried out in wastewater treatment plants, which handle large amounts of contaminated, often corrosive water.
For efficient, reliable, and safe operations, every component of a wastewater treatment plant must be sturdy, durable, and long-lasting.
To address these critical needs, Triangle Pump Components has designed an array of top-quality components, as listed below, ideal for use in wastewater treatment plants.
- Durabla® Model V7H Pump Valve — These are designed to operate efficiently even with a low net positive suction head (NPSH), when the suction side is starved. The V7H lightweight metal valves also allow for a very long life span. Durable and highly efficient, these valves can operate at pressures up to 6500 psi in pumps running up to 600 rpm.
- Durabla® Model V7F Pump Valve — Featuring a taller profile than the V7H, this model is built for durability and longevity, and provides good lift and a spill area for fluid. It also features a heavier spring that can function as a seal in order to stop fluid flow.
- Durabla® Model V7FD Pump Valve — A variation of the Durabla Model V7F, this valves features a Delrin® disc in place of the conventional metal disc, allowing the valve to operate with near-zero wear. This model is well-suited for regular, rigorous use.
- Plate Valves — Capable of operating at pressures up to 15000 psi, these valves can house one or two springs. Though typically made of stainless steel, they can also be made with Delrin®, SUSTAKON® or titanium, depending on specific application requirements.
- Resista™ Abrasion Resistant (AR) Valves — These valves are specifically designed for situations in which the fluid being pumped may contain small solid particles or abrasives. Designed to withstand harsh environments and wear, our AR models can also be employed in high-pressure applications.
- Reciprocating Pump Plungers — These are available in either ceramic or metal (stainless steel or carbon steel), and can be utilized for pumping both high- and low-fluid volumes.
- Dynarod™ Extension Rods (Pony Rods) — Our stainless steel pony rods can be attached to existing plungers via clamps or threads. These rods can be coated with Colmonoy®, tungsten carbide, chrome oxide, Wallex™, and exotic metals, depending on the specific requirements at hand.
As an industry leader in the manufacture of reciprocating pump valves, plungers, and packing and stuffing components, Triangle Pump Components is proud to offer a wide range of solutions for the harsh environments of the wastewater treatment industry.
With nearly 100 years of experience and a dedication to constant improvement, we’re here to assist industry professionals with all of their wastewater needs.
To learn more or discuss your options with one of our in-house experts, contact us today.