In order to optimize efficiency and prolong the service life of your plate valve, it’s important to understand the individual components within the valve. This knowledge will better inform your decision-making when it comes to routine maintenance checks and repairing or replacing parts.
The main components found in every Triangle Pump Components plate valve include:
- Retainer: The Triangle plate valve uses a one-piece stainless steel retainer that houses one or two springs.
- Bolt: Plate valves contain either a 316 Stainless Steel or Monel bolt with a nylon thread locking insert.
- Sleeve: The sleeve on the plate valve involves a simple, one-piece assembly with the retainer.
- Springs: Each Triangle plate valve comes equipped with two springs made of Inconel, unless otherwise specified.
- Valve Plates: Plate valves contain either a Delrin or titanium plate. To maintain unit efficiency, it’s important to ensure prompt, tight plate closure.
- Valve Seat: Designed to maximize service life and optimize flow characteristics in the port area, the seat is available in various metallurgies and is carefully machined to support the valve disc. Where applicable, the outside diameter is machined for press or screw fit for easy installation in the specified pump port. Some seats may be supplied rough as cast for machining by the user as well.
For more information about our plate valves and their individual components, contact Triangle Pump Components today»
If you are experiencing pumping issues and need help troubleshooting the problem click here»