Proper plate valve installation is crucial for maximizing operating efficiency and extending the service life of your system. Like all Triangle Pump Component valves, the PlenaFlow™ plate valve is designed to be long-lasting when accurately installed.
To ensure the safe, proper installation of your PlenaFlow™ plate valve, follow these steps:
- Pump ports must be clean and free from foreign matter, rust, or corrosion.
- Clean and dry the tapered part of the valve seat.
- Place the valve seat in the pump port and press down with the palm of the hand making sure the seat is aligned straight and level in the port.
- Place a short wood block on top of the seat. The wood block should be of sufficient size to cover the entire seating diameter.
- Tap lightly with a hammer or mallet. Under no circumstances should you use a sledge or heavy blow of any kind directly on the valve seat. A properly fitting valve seat will be “home” with light tapping. Pump action will seat the unit precisely and firmly by equalized liquid pressure.
- Install valve, springs, retainer, and fastener. For assembly order see Typical Plate Valve Assembly exploded diagram:
- Turn the pump over by hand to make sure plunger and packing are in proper alignment.
Caution: It is possible to freeze a valve closed by:
- Over tightening the fastener. This can possibly expand the retainer stem.
- Positioning the retainer stem on top of the valve plate while tightening the fastener.